Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These lovely little cornmeal muffins have quite a kick to them, it's the jalapeno peppers! A very simple and easy recipe that goes so well with chili, stews, soups, chilli con carne or when served as an appetiser snack - split them in two and spread with savoury butters or serve with dips. I made these up as an experiment, and they turned out so well, that I am on my third batch already!
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the yoghurt or buttermilk, melted butter and the egg. Mix until all the ingredients are combined - do NOT overmix!
- Add the jalapeno peppers and mix gently again.
- Spoon into pre-greased muffin tin and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and pale golden brown.
- Serve with chili, chilli con carne, stews, soups or split and spread with savoury butter or dips.
Nice muffin. Thanks for posting.
These are my new "go-to" cornbread muffins. You can alter the kick, but they are very moist and not super sweet like a lot of cornbread recipes. Not a fan of sweet cornbread, thank you so much for sharing!