1/9 Photos of Kicks Like a Mule - Mexican Jalapeno and Cornbread Muffins!
French Tart's Note:
These lovely little cornmeal muffins have quite a kick to them, it's the jalapeno peppers! A very simple and easy recipe that goes so well with chili, stews, soups, chilli con carne or when served as an appetiser snack - split them in two and spread with savoury butters or serve with dips. I made these up as an experiment, and they turned out so well, that I am on my third batch already!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- 2Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the yoghurt or buttermilk, melted butter and the egg. Mix until all the ingredients are combined - do NOT overmix!
- 3Add the jalapeno peppers and mix gently again.
- 4Spoon into pre-greased muffin tin and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and pale golden brown.
- 5Serve with chili, chilli con carne, stews, soups or split and spread with savoury butter or dips.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicks Like a Mule - Mexican Jalapeno and Cornbread Muffins!
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g