Recipe by marisk
Recipe I posting to try later. Time does not include the four hours cooling time.
Top Review by ladyfingers
I usually make homemade tart cherry pies, but every so often laziness takes over. My husband just hates those pre-made frozen cherry pies, and to be honest, this recipe sounded similar to those. I still made it, and to my amazement, husband commented how good it tasted. That says a lot--this recipe stays in the keeper file under "recipes that fool Jerry." He thinks everything I make is from scratch, so I appreciate good tasting but very easy recipes. Made as is, but next time I may add just a smidge of almond extract, as that is what is called for in most cherry pie recipes. Thanks for making my life easier, marisk!
- 9 ounces keebler 2-extra serve graham cracker pie crusts
- 42 ounces fruit cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cornstarch and water to form paste.
- In a bowl, mix paste and pie filling, then spoon into prepared crust.
- Combine sugar, flour and oats in another bowl; mix in melted butter, then spoon this onto filling.
- Bake on baking sheet for 40 minutes.
- Cool for at least four hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.