4 hrs 30 mins
Adapted from Alan Wong's Restaurant, Honolulu, HI The site won't let me add this in the ingredients, so..... the boneless pork shoulder is sometimes called a Boston roast or Boston butt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Lay 2 sheets of foil (each about 1 foot long) on a work surface with long sides overlapping by about 4 inches.
- 3Cut 2 (12-inch) lengths from banana leaf and center 1 on foil.
- 4Put pork on banana leaf and sprinkle with salt and liquid smoke.
- 5Cover top of pork with other 12-inch length of banana leaf and 2 overlapping sheets of foil (each about 1 1/2 feet long).
- 6Crimp edges of foil tightly to form a packet and put in a large roasting pan.
- 7Add 1 inch of water and cover pan tightly with more foil.
- 8Bake pork in middle of oven 4 hours.
- 9Pour off liquid from pan and, when pork is just cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks in a bowl.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalua Pig
Serving Size: 1 (2769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.1
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 193.4 mg
- Sodium 1929.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: