1/1 Photo of Kahlua
This is a friend's recipe for Kahlua - it will make several bottles. The alcohol content works out to about 16% (32 proof). A note - this does need to steep for about a month, so if you're planning on making it, start early.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the coffe crystals in one cup of the water.
- 2Bring the remaining water to a boil and dissolve the sugar in it.
- 3Add the coffee to the sugar solution and heat almost to a boil.
- 4Add the alcohol and decant into dark containers (this makes 7-8 cups; a fifth (750 mL) is just over 3 cups, so about 2 1/2 750 mL bottles- or just double it, make 5 bottles, and give some gift bottles).
- 5Break the bean into several pieces and divide between the bottles.
- 6Seal the bottles tightly and let them stand for 30 days before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua
Serving Size: 1 (2469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 114.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: