Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My brother-in-laws version of a spaghetti sauce.
Make and share this Joe's Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs veal, cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (900 ml) can tomatoes, mashed
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- olive oil
- In frying pan, heat the oil then sauté the garlic quickly (do not burn) .
- Add the veal and peppers. Once peppers are tender, add the mushrooms and the onions. Let the dish simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once simmered, add the tomato paste and mashed tomatoes. Let simmer and additional 5 -- 10 minutes. Season with the spices and herbs then simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning if required.
- Remove the basil leaves and serve over pasta.