The Actual Olive Garden Bolognese Sauce Recipe (Spaghetti Sauce)
This is the actual Olive Garden bolognese (spaghetti sauce) recipe that I got from the Olive Garden website. Please don't leave a feedback saying how this recipe, "Is soooo much better than Olive Garden's", or how it is, "Close to Olive Garden's, but no cigar". It IS Olive Garden's recipe. Now we just have to figure out how they make their breadsticks! I like to throw the cooked veggies in the blender so my son doesn't realize that they're in there! ;)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 6 ounces Italian sausage, skinned
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dry)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add celery, carrot, onion, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add meat and cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze pan with wine, let it reduce.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and stir, simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve over fresh, hot pasta.