Recipe by gregory schulte
Posted in the Rocky Mountain News Wednesday Spotlight section
Top Review by mlaabs71
Excellent for those that don't have a clue how to make a descent Jerk Seasoning. This can be dredged in numerous things. I use this for my pork chops and chicken breats. Very nicely done and ty.
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, pieces (crack whole nutmeg with a hammer)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- put allspice, nutmeg, peppercorns and thyme in a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- mix in remaining ingredients and use immediatly.
- to use later omit garlic and ginger and store in a tightly covered container, add garlic and ginger just before using.