photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) can yams (Bruce's brand)
- Heat yams, in their liquid, till hot.
- Keep hot on low heat while you mix up Praline sauce.
- Mix together the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter/oleo, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat till mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Keep hot on low burner while you drain liquid off yams.
- Place yams in serving bowl.
- Pour hot Praline sauce over yams.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh I wish I could give more than 5 stars. This recipe is a real treat. I made this with my Christmas fare and it got fantastic reviews. I did use fresh yams that I par boiled for about 10 minutes before putting in my casserole dish. Everything else I followed as directed and we were quite pleased with the results. Excellent recipe! Thank you!
Wonderful, delicious...those words don't come close to describing how good this recipe is! Totally making these from now on...and several times throughout the year...not just at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I doubled the recipe, but I think the sauce as it is written would be plenty for 2 cans of yams.
OMG this is sooooooooooooooooo good. My whole family loved it. Everyone asking for recipe. I addes some cinnamon and brown sugar to yams and sprinkles some red hot cinnamon candies on yams while they were cooking to sweeten yams little more. but with this sauce you dont need to. This is a 5 all the way.......
see 12 more reviews