Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired by sunomono a Japanese salad often made with cukes and daikon radish. Posted for ZWT2. Cooking Light/June issue. Cooking time is time chilling!
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine onion, radishes and cucumber in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This was a terrific salad and one I'd make again! I used a mandolin to slice all of the veggies. The dressing is light and married perfectly with the veggies. Thank you for sharing the recipe. :-)
Great way to use radishes! This is easy to make, colorful and has a nice flavor. There's no heavy dressing and it's not too salty. This is great with Asian foods as well as pretty much anything else. Thanx for sharing!
Awesome! I was looking for a way to use up the radishes my garden was putting out and found this. Nice flavor and not heavy with oil. I would have taken a picture for you but DH finished it when I wasn't looking.