Pickled Cucumber and Daikon Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An Anne Burrell recipe from Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. Quick and easy and packed with flavor. Great side dish to fish! Cooking time is actually marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 hothouse cucumber, sliced thinly, preferably on a mandoline
- 1 medium daikon radish, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise and sliced into thin half-moons, preferably on a mandoline
- 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly on the bias
- In a large bowl combine the carrots, cucumbers and daikon.
- In a small jar or container with a lid, combine the rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, sambal, ginger and garlic. Shake well and let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve and the flavors to marry.
- Toss the cucumber-daikon mixture with the vinaigrette and let sit outside the fridge for an hour before serving. Sprinkle with the scallions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION