Crisp Cucumber Radish Salad
From Canadian Living, September 2011. This cool, refreshing salad makes a great side dish for grilled fish or chicken on a sultry summer night.
- Ready In:
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Halve cucumber lengthwise; seed and thinly slice crosswise. Place in bowl.
- Peel and halve carrot; thinly slice crosswise and add to cucumber. Add radish and onion. (We used fresh mushrooms instead of onion).
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; add to cucumber mixture and toss to coat. (We left out the sugar and used tahini as a substitute for the sesame oil).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation