Recipe by oh noel!
Korokke is Japanese fried mashed potato with vegetables and meat. My mom made these all the time when I was a kid. Its is a great portable snack that reheats well.
Top Review by Laurie Wellman
The first few bites we were all saying it was okay ... added a bit of hot sauce and suddenly we're fighting over the last korokke!! May add cheese next time for our "American" tastes but will definitely make this again.
- 453.59 g potato
- 113.39 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml salt
- pepper (to season)
- panko breadcrumbs (breadcrumb)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks. Boil potatoes until soften. Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Mince onion and saute in a fryin pan. Add ground beef in the pan and saute. Mix mashed potato and onion and beef in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Make flat and oval-shaped pieces about 3" in diameter and 3/4" thick (a little bigger that a cookie). Coat each piece with flour. Dip in beaten egg. Coat with panko. Fry in 350 F oil until brown.