Although not originally a Japanese recipe, Korokke is widely enjoyed in Japan today. There are many kinds of korokke, both sweet and savory. They are basically deep fried croquettes. This is a recipe for a filling with onion, ground beef and potatoe, one of the more popular types of korokke.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb potato
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- panko breadcrumbs
- Peel potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until soft.
- Mash potatoes.
- Mince onion, place in a frying pan and saute.
- Add ground beef to onions and continue to saute.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Form into flat, oval-shaped pieces.
- Coat each piece in flour.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Coat entirely in panko.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until browned.