Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe several months ago from my fiend Linda ... who got it from her sister ... who got it from (get the picture?); I made it for the first time last night! I recommend this recipe for anyone who is a non-hot & spicy wing lover ..... like my hubby & grandkids!
- Remove wing tips & save to make stock or discard (your choice); separate at joint.
- Beat eggs with water in a bowl suitable for dipping & place flour on a flat plate or piece of waxed paper/parchment.
- Melt butter with oil in a large frying pan.
- Dip wings in egg mixture & roll in flour; fry wings in a single layer until brown & crisp.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in a foil-lined shallow baking tray.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a microwaveable container; nuke on high until sugar dissolves.
- Pour half the sauce over the wings.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven, turning wings & basting occasionally with more sauce for 45 - 60 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Pass remaining sauce for dipping - you may want to thicken it a little.