Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe several months ago from my fiend Linda ... who got it from her sister ... who got it from (get the picture?); I made it for the first time last night! I recommend this recipe for anyone who is a non-hot & spicy wing lover ..... like my hubby & grandkids!
- Remove wing tips & save to make stock or discard (your choice); separate at joint.
- Beat eggs with water in a bowl suitable for dipping & place flour on a flat plate or piece of waxed paper/parchment.
- Melt butter with oil in a large frying pan.
- Dip wings in egg mixture & roll in flour; fry wings in a single layer until brown & crisp.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in a foil-lined shallow baking tray.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a microwaveable container; nuke on high until sugar dissolves.
- Pour half the sauce over the wings.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven, turning wings & basting occasionally with more sauce for 45 - 60 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Pass remaining sauce for dipping - you may want to thicken it a little.
I have been making there for years and they are loved buy everyone. When I was catering these were the most popular wing. The sauce is sweet and sticky and most people think it's made with honey. I first found this recipe in the Best of Bridge cookbooks, thanks for posting
10 STARS!!! Finally a PERFECT wing recipe for those of us who do not like spicy-hot wings and still be full-flavored. It's the best, CountryLady, thanks for sharing it.
I served these for the Grey Cup game to a group of people, everyone enjoyed them but my DH would have prefered spicy wings, I made the sauce way in advance, also next time I will reduce the vinegar slightly. Thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)