1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe several months ago from my fiend Linda ... who got it from her sister ... who got it from (get the picture?); I made it for the first time last night! I recommend this recipe for anyone who is a non-hot & spicy wing lover ..... like my hubby & grandkids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg chicken wings (whole)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Remove wing tips & save to make stock or discard (your choice); separate at joint.
- 2Beat eggs with water in a bowl suitable for dipping & place flour on a flat plate or piece of waxed paper/parchment.
- 3Melt butter with oil in a large frying pan.
- 4Dip wings in egg mixture & roll in flour; fry wings in a single layer until brown & crisp.
- 5Arrange wings in a single layer in a foil-lined shallow baking tray.
- 6Combine sauce ingredients in a microwaveable container; nuke on high until sugar dissolves.
- 7Pour half the sauce over the wings.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350F oven, turning wings & basting occasionally with more sauce for 45 - 60 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- 9Pass remaining sauce for dipping - you may want to thicken it a little.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 943.0
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 283.3 mg
- Sodium 958.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 51.1 g