Recipe by carole in orlando
My Aunt Janet is a wonderful cook, and this is an easy way to make "fried rice". It is a good compliment to any meat fixed with an Oriental flavor.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 can French onion soup, plus
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas
- soy sauce, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, with a tight fitting lid, saute the rice in the butter until a light golden brown.
- Stir frequently during this process.
- Add onion soup and the can of water and cover and simmer until the water is nearly all absorbed.
- Add the peas and water chestnuts and continue to simmer until the water is completely absorbed.
- If you like the rice alittle more salty, add soy sauce to your taste.