Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Aunt Janet is a wonderful cook, and this is an easy way to make "fried rice". It is a good compliment to any meat fixed with an Oriental flavor.
- In a skillet, with a tight fitting lid, saute the rice in the butter until a light golden brown.
- Stir frequently during this process.
- Add onion soup and the can of water and cover and simmer until the water is nearly all absorbed.
- Add the peas and water chestnuts and continue to simmer until the water is completely absorbed.
- If you like the rice alittle more salty, add soy sauce to your taste.
Great! It didnt need any soy sauce-I made the total liquid to rice ratio 2:1 -tasted great-thanks for the tasty recipe!
We really enjoyed this rice dish. The only change I made was to get the water boiling before adding and baked in a covered casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I was great. Thank you for posting it Carole.