1/1 Photo of Janet's Onion Rice
carole in orlando's Note:
My Aunt Janet is a wonderful cook, and this is an easy way to make "fried rice". It is a good compliment to any meat fixed with an Oriental flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, with a tight fitting lid, saute the rice in the butter until a light golden brown.
- 2Stir frequently during this process.
- 3Add onion soup and the can of water and cover and simmer until the water is nearly all absorbed.
- 4Add the peas and water chestnuts and continue to simmer until the water is completely absorbed.
- 5If you like the rice alittle more salty, add soy sauce to your taste.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Janet's Onion Rice
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 686.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sliced water chestnuts