Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chef Du jours famous recipe....a definite keeper for family gatherings if you triple it...
Make and share this Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 236.59 ml andouille sausage, sliced and sauteed
- 78.07 ml ham, diced and sauteed
- 236.59 ml boneless skinless chicken, diced and sauteed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 473.18-709.77 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml raw shrimp
- 946.36 ml cooked rice
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- Put the vegetables in a 4-quart saucepan and cook them over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add Andouille, ham, chicken, and spices.
- Add enough chicken stock to cover and simmer until the mixture becomes thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and rice, mix in parsley, cook two more minutes and serve.
Thank-you for this recipe. I loved the flavor this alone provided, but for the rice I used boxed ZATARAIN JUMBALAYA mix. It is wonder ful! I've made this 3 times already.
wonderful combination of flavours, I just made half a recipe which was a lot for two of us, great lunch for tomorrow! I used brown rice and cut the hot sauce in half which was perfect for us what with the hot sausage too. Also had to use precooked prawns which worked just fine. Forgot to add the parsley at the end but used some for garnish. Thanks for posting it was delightful and I will make it again.
Very tasty, had everything in the house, and used long grain rice. The taste was outstanding, always thought that this was more complicated and it was really very easy to make. Definitley something that I will make again