Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From At Blanchard's Table
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeeze lime juice
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, minced (may use habanero peppers)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Make the sauce: combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Slowly whisk in the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice and lime juice. Stir in the peppers, onions and scallions and mix thoroughly. Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and grill or broil until done, a few minutes. Top (or toss) the shrimp with the sauce and serve immediately.