Bahama Breeze Fire-Roasted Jerk Shrimp
Shrimp simmered in garlic-thyme butter with warm Cuban bread for dunking.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 12 ounces medium shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 loaf French baguette
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Stir beer, allspice, minced Scotch bonnet pepper, minced garlic, thyme and sliced green onions in 1-quart baking dish. Fold in the shrimp, coating well. Drizzle melted butter over the shrimp. Slice bread into 1-inch-thick slices and place on top.
- Put baking dish with shrimp and bread on middle rack of oven. Remove from oven when bread is golden and shrimp is bubbling hot, 4-5 minutes. If oven is small, heat pans separately.
- Important Note:Use gloves when mincing Scotch bonnet peppers. Then remove gloves and wash hands thoroughly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
my rating is with the "as is" recipe. However I tried it by adding the chopped tomatoes (you can see them when you order the dish) and I added a small amount of jerk seasoning (maybe an 1/8 of a teaspoon, the brand I use is Grace Hot). It tasted like straight out of the restaurant TO ME... emphasis on TO ME! lolReply