Recipe by luveyduvey21
This is a recipe I got from another person on another board. This is my favorite rice and I wanted to share it with everyone here. Give it a try!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups rice
- 3 -4 jalapenos (whole)
- 1 lb American cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, oil, water, butter and rice in large pot.
- Add whole jalapenos to pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until rice is tender. This can take about 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the jalapenos from the rice, deseed them, chop them and return to the rice. Mix well.
- Add the cheese to the pot and mix well. Cheese will melt upon mixing.
- Serve and enjoy!