Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy, not too spicy, jalapeño cheese grits. These are absolutely perfect with a fried egg on top for Sunday brunch!
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat.
- Add in half-and-half, and bring back to a boil.
- Whisk in grits, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10-15 minutes until creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped jalapenos, and let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat, add in cheese, and stir till melted and incorporated.
- Note: Salt needed will vary depending on stock used.
When I first looked at this recipe I thought first off that I'd use this and use that but because it was the first time I've made it and the first review I decided (thankfully) to make as written, which I did. I would not change a thing about this recipe. If you love grits, which I do, you need to try this recipe. Just delicious and could be used as a side for many things. We're having it with fish tonight. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014