Recipe by Guava Girl
When you have a craving for a great piece of red meat, turn to this recipe. It is perfect for guests but go ahead and spoil your family once in a while, too. Aren't they worth it?
Top Review by Merlot
This is a wonderful beef tenderloin recipe! I followed this recipe exactly and the result was a wonderfully most, tender, flavorful roast. We loved the flavor the marinade gave the roast and the crowning glory is the Royal Butter. Thanks for sharing this keeper, Guava Girl ! :-)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large zip lock bag, shake well, then add the tenderloin.
- Marinate the tenderloin in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the tenderloin from the bag and put the marinade in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil (reduce) and set aside.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Baste occasionally with marinade.
- In the last minute or so cover the tenderloin with the marinade and let baste on.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- While the tenderloin is cooking, prepare the Royal Butter by combining all of the ingredients and beating at medium speed until well blended.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Makes 2 cups.
- You may want to adjust this recipe for the size of the tenderloin you are preparing.
- Top each serving of tenderloin with the Royal Butter and ENJOY!