Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I love, love, love meatloaf! I am constantly looking for the best recipe! This is one of many and absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :) Found on Parents.com
- 1 (20 7/8 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus (divided)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Press a 24-inch long piece of nonstick aluminum foil into an oval slow cooker bowl, with nonstick side facing up, so that it is flush with bowl and ends hang out over sides.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together turkey, onion, green pepper, egg, garlic, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper. Place meatloaf mixture in slow cooker and form into a 9 x 5-inch log. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-1/2 hours or on LOW 4-1/2 hours or until internal temperature registers 160° on an instant read thermometer.
- About 30 minutes before cooking is complete, place remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce in a small bowl and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmean cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Pour tomato sauce mixture over meatloaf; cover and continue to cook another 30 minutes.
- Carefully lift meatloaf out of slow cooker using foil cradle and place on a cutting board. Using two long offset spatulas, carefully lift meatloaf off of foil and place on serving dish. Discard foil and any liquid and serve immediately.
Even my picky kids liked it!
Most definitely 5 stars! The three of us ate most of it and we love meatloaf! And who would guess that this has turkey instead of beef? Also, because my crock pot was plugged in at one of those plug in that needs the breaker pushed and I did not notice it--so the crock pot was not even on-I baked it in the oven instead. So the photo shows it oven baked. Made for Everyday is a Holiday. Thank you for sharing, kittycatmom.