Hi Nick.... Here is the recipe for my meatloaf. I love you, Mom. A request from my son in Australia Edit: If you want to make small loaves, I would suggest basting a bit less of the chili sauce and brown sugar on the top :)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line loaf pan, 9X5X3,with waxed paper.
- In large bowl, mix beef, onion and oats with hands.
- In small bowl combine eggs,milk,salt,parsley,savory leaves and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour into meat mixture and mix well with hands.
- Pat firmly into prepared pan.
- Mixture will be wet.
- Invert loaf into an ungreased baking pan 13X9X2 inches.
- Carefully remove waxed paper.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Mix chili sauce and brown sugar; brush over top and sides of loaf.
- Bake an additional 45 minutes to one hour, brushing occasionally.
- 8 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more