1/2 Photos of Italian Turkey Burgers (Reduced Fat)
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I have been playing around lately with trying to make different kinds of reduced fat burgers to go with the low fat eating plan I am on. This is my latest attempt. I used ground turkey breast so that I didn't feel that bad about having a little bit of fat from the sundried tomatoes but at least it is 'good' fats. The cooking time includes the one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the turkey in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Roughly chop the onion and put it into a food processor or mini chopper along with the basil, red peppers and sun dried tomatoes.
- 3Blitz the ingredients until the onions and everything else is finely chopped.
- 4Empty the contents of the food processor into the bowl with the ground turkey.
- 5Add the garlic powder and the egg white.
- 6Mix with your hands until everything is well combined.
- 7Form four equal sized burgers and place on a plate and put into the fridge for an hour to firm up.
- 8Take the burgers out of the fridge and either pan fry in a little bit of extra virgin olive oily for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through or do on a Foreman type grill for about 10 minutes total.
- 9Serve on buns of simply bunless with a salad is watching the calories. If serving with bread it is fun to complete the Italian feel with ciabatta rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Turkey Burgers (Reduced Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.8 g