Veggie Packed Cheesy Chicken Salad (Reduced Fat)
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl so that everything is coated well with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but you could do it the night before.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so yummy! I cook up a bunch of chickenat the begining of the week for use in salads an such. That worked great for this recipe. I followed teh recipe almost exactly. I left out the shredded cheese. I put it on some whole wheat bread. Thanks for a yummy healthy sandwich. Made for bevy tag 2009.
A very nice side dish to dinner tonight that I will be making in the future. Had this with one of my chicken recipes, and the nice variation of vegetables and cheese made this ONE GREAT SALAD. I did use regular mayonnaise though, but I don't think it made a difference since I can not tell the difference. Thanks for one heck of a salad. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.