Easy Scalloped Potatoes With Ham and Havarti - Reduced Fat
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 5 -6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly (use a high starch, low moisture potato for best results)
- 3 -4 green onions, diced (may substitue a small onion diced)
- 8 ounces ham, sliced in 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickeness, trimmed and diced (I prefer Black Forrest Ham)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 slices havarti cheese, diced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Mix the 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup with the milk until well blended.
- Butter the bottom of a 2 qt baking dish.
- Put aside 1/3 of the havarti cheese to place on top of the casserole.
- Place an even layer of potatoes on bottom of buttered baking dish, season with small amount of salt and pepper, layer ham, onions, cheese and the soup/milk mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Top with the remaining 1/3 of havarti cheese.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15-30 minutes until potatoes are tender and top of dish is light golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe tasted great, my husband enjoyed it. I had some issues with the consistency. Three stars because I think the recipe should state what size or maybe weight of potatoes to use. I used Yukon gold potatoes but the casserole was left full of liquid inside. I did double the recipe and used a 9x13 pan. The cooking time was right on.