Easy Scalloped Potatoes
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Start by slicing the potatoes about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- You may peel them first if you like.
- In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes.
- Put some onion of top if you like.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour, salt, and peper.
- (If you like it really creamy, add more flour) Place 2-3 tabs of butter on top Repeat the layers to the top of the casserole dish.
- Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes until the dish is about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to tell you, every scalloped potato recipe I have tried, I have failed. This was THE BEST RECIPE I have ever made for scalloped potatoes! I have one kiddo who doesn't eat cheese, so this was PERFECT! All 3 of my kiddos loved it, as did I! So easy-peasy too! Thank you so very much for this now in my collection of recipes!
These are just like the scalloped potatoes my mother used to make many years ago. She didn't use a recipe and I was never quite sure of the flour and milk ratios, so I was happy to find this recipe. I've made them several times exactly as the recipe states and they are delicious. Thanks for the recipe!!
I only twesked it in these areas - I added the rest of my heavy whipping cream (I only had about 6 tablespoons left) on each layer and sprinkled the flour on each layer. (Thank you for the added note on the flour part - I did just that). Then I added some milk to fill the pan up to the 2/3. I omitted onions, since this was my first time trying this recipe, I didn't want to wig out my youngest. ;-)