Mushroom and Horseradish Hamburgers (Reduced Fat)
photo by Sarah_Jayne
- Ready In:
- Put the onion, garlic and mushrooms into a food processor or chopper and blitz for about 40 seconds to a minute until everything is mixed and the mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Put the ground beef into a bowl and add the mixture you just blitzed, the horseradish sauce, stock cube and the egg white.
- Combine the mixture with your hands and then put into the fridge for about 30 minutes to let it firm up.
- Take out of the fridge and form into four equal sized patties.
- Then either fry them in a pan or do as I do and lightly brush them with very little extra virgin olive oil and grill them on a Foreman type grill. It takes about 8 minutes for them to be cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OH MY GOODNESS! These were so good. I used three heaping tablespoons of horseradish and was worried about giving myself a heart attack, but the flavor was just perfect. I think the juices/fat in the burger mellows the horseradish. The fresh garlic was a divine combo, too, and I only wish I had the beef boullion cube to add. ( def next time!) This recipe is a keeper! We ate on toasted kaiser buns with mayo and muenster cheese. I also added extra mushrooms, sautee'd alongside the beef. Divine!
I made these for my husband and made a different burger for myself. No offense, but I just don't like horseradish. at all. He on the other hand LOVES horseradish and garlic so I knew this was the perfect burger for him. He devoured these babies in no time flat. I did through on a slice of swiss cheese and some bacon too but otherwise made as directed. He really enjoyed them. Thanks so much for the recipe!