Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Adapted from Light & Tasty Magazine. No kneading required. Start at least 2 hours before you plan on serving.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, dill weed, salt, egg, and oil.
- Beat until smooth.
- Beat in enough of the remaining flour to achieve a slightly sticky, thick batter.(I used all of the flour).
- Do not knead.
- Cover with a lint free towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups that have been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with a lint free towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 13-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire cooling racks.
How easy are these? AND they turn out terrific too! =)
They are light as feather and the herbs are just right. They do have a slight sweetness, but it paired well with the herbs. Served with a crockpot roast & vegetables. In memory of Janice.
This were not only tasted wonderful but were so easy to make. I used fresh dill and followed the directions exactly as posted and they turned out wonderful. Light and tender with just the right amount of herbs. Thanks Nick's Mom - I didn't change a thing.
Exceptionally good rolls... Light as a feather and the dough was so tender! They went great with my lasagna soup!