Red Pepper Bean Medley
Can be served hot as a side, or cold as a salad. From Light & Tasty magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Steam beans for 5 minutes.
- Add pepper strips; steam 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer beans and peppers to a serving dish. Pour dressing over and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill to serve as a salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is super easy to make. I really like it and my husband who is normally a no-nonsence (no sauces) vegetable eater really liked it also. I forgot to purchase green onions, so I used chives that the frost didn't get yet. Instead of 2 red peppers, I used one yellow and one red. I described the dish to my daughter-in-law and she thought it would be great for Thanksgiving. My sister also asked for the recipe. Enjoy!