Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my kids favorite spaghetti recipe. Most of the time I make it with only a pound of plain hamburger without making the meatballs, but it is best done-doing the meatballs. I have even used leftover taco meat in this and it was wonderful.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) package crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- For meatballs mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce eggs, crackers and 1/4 c minced onions. Shape into 1 inch balls and fry in large skillet until browned. Remove from skillet and drain fat.
- Begin cooking spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- In large skillet add olive oil onions and garlic, begin to simmer and add meatballs, tomato sauce, tomatoes and all spices. Mix all ingredients together and to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles, pour sauce over and serve with fresh parmesan cheese over top. Best with a fresh loaf of garlic bread and salad.