Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is doubly good because the pasta and veggies are marinated with Italian dressing, then drained and a mixture of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese is added. Super delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons thin sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place in a bowl, add tomatoes, celery, carrots, peppers, onions and Italian salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, then stir in mozzarella and olives.
- Gently fold into the pasta mixture.
I was really looking forward to trying this one, but we just thought it needed something! More veggies probably. Maybe some pepperoni... I did add about a cup of fresh broccoli. I thought some cucumber would be good too. There was just to mach mayo for me. Especially with the residual Italian dressing. I would say go ahead and add add add whatever you've got in the fridge! I also had a strange urge to throw on some chow mein noodles half way through eating it (which is odd because I've never even had them in the house) Could use a little more crunch in my opinion. Worth a try, but just not for us as is. Thanks Marie!
I was looking for an easy, light pasta salad for dinner. I was tiring of the usual mayo based salads. I came across this post and thought I'd give it a try. I left out the mayo and didn't have any motz cheese, but it turned out to be very appealing and just what I was looking for. Thanks for the post! Thumbs up!
Less the urge for the chow mein noodles, I agree with Nikoma. I mostly doubled this for a party - adding broccoli, and diced fresh mushrooms. I omitted the mozzerlla and substituted sharp & colby cheeses. I let the cooked noodles marinate in italian dressing over night per instruction and there was really no dressing to drain prior to final prep. Not really sure if mayo is even necessary for this salad but added anyway. I like mayo (Hellmans with olive oil brand) but I will Definately cut back on the amount of mayo called for next time. All in all, the salad got rave reviews and it really is very easy to make.