Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is doubly good because the pasta and veggies are marinated with Italian dressing, then drained and a mixture of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese is added. Super delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons thin sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place in a bowl, add tomatoes, celery, carrots, peppers, onions and Italian salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, then stir in mozzarella and olives.
- Gently fold into the pasta mixture.
I was really looking forward to trying this one, but we just thought it needed something! More veggies probably. Maybe some pepperoni... I did add about a cup of fresh broccoli. I thought some cucumber would be good too. There was just to mach mayo for me. Especially with the residual Italian dressing. I would say go ahead and add add add whatever you've got in the fridge! I also had a strange urge to throw on some chow mein noodles half way through eating it (which is odd because I've never even had them in the house) Could use a little more crunch in my opinion. Worth a try, but just not for us as is. Thanks Marie!
I was looking for an easy, light pasta salad for dinner. I was tiring of the usual mayo based salads. I came across this post and thought I'd give it a try. I left out the mayo and didn't have any motz cheese, but it turned out to be very appealing and just what I was looking for. Thanks for the post! Thumbs up!
from reading previous reviews, I cooked 3 cups of dry pasta (tri colored rottini). Added the salad dressing amount but only 1/2 cup of mayo. I used cubed old cheddar cheese, added cucumber and used tomatoes I cut up (with all the rest of the ingredients listed in the recipe) It turned out perfect. I was only able to let it marinate for an hr and it was still great...the next day was awesome too!! I'll be making this one again for sure! (I also left out the carrots because I didn't have any).