1/3 Photos of Italian Meatballs With Peppers
Meatballs seasoned with Italian herb mix and enriched with mushrooms. Served with rice and a crisp salad these meatballs are fabulous
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Mix turkey, onion, herb seasoning and salt in large bowl; form mixture into 24 one-inch meatballs.
- 2Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove meatballs from skillet; keep warm.
- 4Add bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and bouillon to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and flour in small bowl; add to skillet.
- 5Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 6Add meatballs to skillet; stir to coat. Serve over rice. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meatballs With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 296.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g