Addicting Italian Meatballs
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (either sweet or hot, depending on your taste)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Blend in the wine and tomato paste and set aside.
- Place the ground beef and italian sausage in a large bowl and blend with your hands.
- Add the bread crumbs and dry ingredients.
- Slowly blend in the egg mixture with the hamburger mixture until it is mixed well.
- If it is too dry, add more tomato paste or wine.
- Shape into 2 to 3 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 20 minutes, turn meatballs at 10 minutes.
- Add them to your tomato sauce (see Simple Tomato Sauce Recipe) and cook approximately 30 minutes or longer for more flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty meatballs! I usually make my own recipe but every now and them I like to try something new. I followed the recipe as posted then threw the meatballs in a pot of sauce. The meatballs baked really well and I wouldn't do it any differently with this recipe. I also think these would make great little cocktail meatballs since they are so flavorful. Thanks for posting, we will definitely try this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado. I moved to Corpus Christi, Texas in 1998. I enjoy camping, sewing and gardening. My husband and I love to cook. We are always trying new recipes and adding to old ones. We BBQ every weekend and always have a crowd of friends over to taste our creations! Usually we are watching Nascar and/or football while we BBQ! I am a Denver Bronco Fan, but I also like the Houston Texans.