I just plain love good meatballs!, and mine are pretty darn good! *Omit the parmesan cheese when using for other recipes that are not italian-style.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and lightly mix, but mix well, with hands. Form into 20 meatballs.
- Place them on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops lightly with coarse ground pepper.
- Bake in 400º over for 20-25 minutes. *Mine always take 22 minutes in my oven.
- If they are still just a little pink inside, it's ok if they are to simmer in a sauce, otherwise bake til done.
- Simmer in spaghetti sauce on low for 5-10 minutes.
- *You can omit the parmesan and use parsley instead if italian seasoning, and use these meatballs for other recipes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good and very easy. Like others said, I love that you just bake them! I baked mine for 21 mins. Couple changes I made: I used a clove of garlic, pressed, instead of garlic powder. I didn't have any Italian seasoning so I put in a 1/2 tsp dried basil and 1/2 tsp dried oregano. For the meat, I had "meatloaf mix" meat (beef/pork/veal) on hand so I used that. Mine needed a bit more milk though. I just kept putting in milk til it felt right. Maybe a few extra tablespoons, I don't know. I am serving them with jarred pasta sauce for meatball subs. Great recipe!
Wow! This recipe is so good! I didn't go off of it 100%, I did my own spices from my garden (probably did about 2x or 3x the amount it called for) and used Asiago and Parmesan shredded cheese blend because that is what I had on hand. All members of my family were impressed and I even made another batch for the freezer right away for a future dinner. Can't wait to have these again!