Recipe by luvinlif2k
My husband, formerly a rye bread only man, loves this for his sandwiches. When cubed and toasted this bread makes fabulous croutons as well.
Top Review by CraftScout
This is delicious! I don't normally think of dill as an Italian herb, but it works in this bread. I subbed butter for shortening, and dried parsley for fresh, but otherwise kept to the recipe. I did use the dough cycle on my machine and made a nice 9x5 loaf. I baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes, and was rewarded by a soft texture and a delicious flavor. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons granulted sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast