Pumpkin Spice Bread (Breadmaker)
photo by Engineer in the Kit
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1/2 cups bread machine flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- IMPORTANT: This is a Quick Bread, the cycle of your machine should clearly say QUICK BREAD. If the cycle says anything else, such as Express, then this recipe will not work since it does not contain yeast, and is designed for the QUICK BREAD cycle.
- Place all ingredients in your breadmaker pan following manufacturer's recommended order.
- Select Quick Bread cycle only. Wait like 5 minutes into cycle, open lid and scrape down sides and bottom of the pan, close lid and let the cycle finish.
- Wait for it to cool down before you slice it, of course, if you can wait :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this twice. First time it came out heavy, and barely risen (3 inches high). However the flavor was good, and my kids seemed happy enough to eat it. So I tried again reducing the sugar (1/2 cup) the oil (1/2 cup) and adding 1tsp baking soda. It came out much better risen and lighter, still sweet enough. Way better. Someone should rework this recipe.
I've made this recipe twice. The first time with canned pumpkin and it turned out beautifully. The second time I used fresh cooked pumpkin that was pureed and cooked. There was a nice outer crust but was mush on the inside. The flavor was there but the bread didnt develop at all. The only difference was canned and fresh pumpkin. The canned pumpkin I use only has pumpkin listed as an ingredient so I dont know what gives. I'm just going to use the mush tomorrow to make pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning for breakfast. I will try canned pumpkin the next time I attempt the recipe again.