1/2 Photos of Italian Hamburger Potato Skillet
Miracle Miriam's Note:
This is a recipe I just made up, after being inspired by my friend's daughter's odd habit of eating hamburger with Italian dressing on it. This recipe is a great one to play around with. you can adjust seasoning or amount of dressing. Be creative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- 2Slice or chop the onion, whichever you prefer, and add to the ground beef toward the end of browning.
- 3While the ground beef is browning, wash and slice the potatoes leaving the skins on.
- 4Add the potatoes to the hamburger/onion mixture, and mix together.
- 5In a large 4 cup liquid measuring cup, measure the 2 cup Italian dressing, and add 2 cup water to make 4 cups of liquid.
- 6Pour the dressing/water mix over the hamburger/potato mixture, and cook at high heat until liquid reaches a boil.**.
- 7Sprinkle seasoning salt over mixture (or seasoning of your choice, as desired), and stir.
- 8Turn heat down to low and cover skillet.
- 9Simmer mixture for 20-30 min., stirring occasionally, adding seasoning if desired.
- 10The dish is done when the potatoes are soft, and the liquid is cooked down, and the entire mixture is "saucy", but not watery.
- 11**You may need to add water during cooking time, if liquid cooks down too fast, and potatoes aren't soft yet.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Hamburger Potato Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.6
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 2026.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g