Egg, Bacon and Potato Skillet
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter (more if needed)
- 6 medium potatoes (cooked and finely diced about 1/2-inch)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled, can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 8 large eggs or 9 extra large eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 -3 tablespoons 18% table cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated old cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- Whisk the eggs with whipping cream together, then season with seasoned salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add in cooked cold diced potatoes and cook tossing gently with a spatula until well browned and semi-crispy.
- Add in onions, green pepper and crumbled cooked bacon to the skillet; cook 1 minute (adding in more butter if needed.
- Pour the egg mixture on top, tipping the skillet so egg is distributed to the edges.
- When the eggs are set cut into squares and turn to brown.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheeseon top; cover and allow the cheese to melt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!