Potato Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs red potatoes (peeled and cut in half or quarters, depending on the size of potato)
- 5 -6 slices bacon, cooked to very crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (can use red onions in place of green)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup roasted red pepper (use purchased red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped)
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until JUST fork-tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- In the meantime while the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Drain the potatoes; cool slightly, then cut into about 3/4-inch pieces.
- Drizzle with the lemon/vinegar mixture.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours or more, or until cold.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream and Dijon mustard (can double the mixture if desired).
- After the potatoes are chilled, mix in the onions, fresh parsley and chopped roasted red peppers, chopped bacon, salt and black pepper; toss well to combine.
- Pour over the dressing and mix to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired; cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful Kitten! I love the fact that it has roasted red peppers, the more the merrier! Then you add bacon, Dijon and potatoes - what can be bad? It is outrageous! I have had many kinds of potato salad through the years but this takes the cake. Can you tell that I liked this? Thanks for a real winner, Diane :=)
This went down well at a weekend luncheon meeting with 9 guests. Since I knew that many people are not fans of raw onion, I sliced them into 8ths (like mini wedges) and roasted them alongside the red peppers. It certainly made the dish less sharp,and we liked it that way. This was popular but not so popular that the dish was wiped clean, so Please see my rating system, I think that this deserves and wonderful 4 stars:) Thanks !