Make-Ahead Cheese Logs
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package old cheddar cheese, shredded (use Cracker Barrel extra-sharp cheese if possible for this)
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimientos (to taste) (optional)
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (can use more if desired) or 2 cups pecans (can use more if desired)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Divide the mixture in half and shape into logs.
- In a bowl mix together the nuts with the chopped parsley, then divide mixture evenly in half.
- Roll each log into the nut/parsley mixture (can use more than 1 cup nuts if desired).
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 8-24 hours.
- To freeze; chill the logs for 8-24 hours, then place in the freezer to freeze until firm, remove then wrap in plastic wrap then tightly in foil, place back into the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Defrost overnight in fridge before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!