Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Potato Skillet
- Ready In:
- 10 -12 slices bacon (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped, can use milk)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet cook the bacon pieces over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in hash browns and continue cooking stirring until potatoes are browned and crisp (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add in onions, bell pepper and jalapeno (if using) continue to cook until veggies are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Skim some of the fat off if desired.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with whipping cream until well combined; pour over the veggies/potato mixture in the skillet, then stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- Cook over medium heat gently lifting portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath or until the eggs are just set (about 4-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, then let stand for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! This was a great one-dish meal that was easy and tasty and I loved the addition of the jalapeno. I had the cheese and green onions sitting on the counter, but forgot them until after we had devoured the dish, lol. Next time I'll be sure to add them. Thanks for another great recipe Kitten.