I got this off a website but modified it because I don't like to use shortening in my cooking. However shortening could be substituted for the Butter if needed....It turned out delicious! Hope you can enjoy it as much as I did!
My Private Note
three l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter, shortening and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until blended
- 2Combine flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in coconut.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour batter into three 9-inch round cake pans or one oblong baking dish, that has been greased and floured (gf of course).
- 4Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes for multiple pans; 40-45 minutes for oblong pan or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire rack.
- 5Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting (double this recipe if you're going to do a layer cake; single if you're going to use an oblong pan).
- 61 ½ cups chopped pecans.
- 71 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened.
- 8½ cup butter, softened.
- 91 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 101 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar, sifted.
- 11Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed until smooth; stir in nuts. Spread Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting between cake layers and on top and sides of cake. Serves 10.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Creme Cake - Gluten Free!!
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 392.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: