The Worlds Best Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The best gluten free carrot cake I've ever had! The use of mayo may seem odd but it really does a lot for the texture, don't try to substitute it - you just won't get the same results.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, xantham gum, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, mayonnaise and pinepple, not drained.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9" by 13" pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Frost with a cream cheese frosting if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Intrigued by the use of mayo I tried out this cake but am sorry to say I didn't like the result at all. The smell and taste of the mayonaise did not merge with the other flavors like I expected. I froze some of it (that sometimes works wonders) but when reheated in the microwave it had the same distinct odor and taste: mayo.Reply