Recipe by LARavenscroft
I don't even remember where I got this recipe, but we really like it and it is a different way to serve chicken. Great recipe if you have lots of leftover cooked chicken.
Top Review by weekend cooker
After reading the reviews, and seeing Culinary Explorers pictures I had to make this with fettucini too. We loved the outcome, as it made for a wonderful dinner for the 4 of us. Made recipe as written, except left out the green peppers. No problem here with the patties holding together. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (I use GF bread crumbs)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs - mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Shape mixture into eight (8) 3/4-inch thick patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Arrange in a 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cook green pepper and onions in oil until tender and remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese and stir well.
- Spoon sauce over patties.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until hot.