Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure what island, but it's a cool, refreshing salad.
- 16 ounces cooked small shrimp
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, can use chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to evenly coat salad.
great salad, nice summer meal. Made as directed for ZWT
Surprisingly tasty! I used thawed frozen shrimp, 1 HUGE cucumber, grape tomatoes, sliced red onion and cilantro. I was hesitant amount the amount of vinegar, but the dressing is actually very flavorful, without being too tart. I made this as a portable lunch that I could bring to work, and it was terrific! Thanks for sharing this. Made for ZWT7.
Excellent for a quick dinner that's high in taste and low in calories, but tastes like it's worth a million. The only change was that I didn't mix the whole thing together, just marinated each veggie and in the dressing, and then put them individually arranged on a pretty plate to be devoured. This is a lovely salad, and thanks for posting! Made for ZWT7