Firecracker Shrimp Salad
- Ready In:
For Firecracker Shrimp
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 -5 drops hot chili sauce
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup cornstarch (to coat the shrimp)
- 1 pint blue cheese
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 2 -3 mini cucumbers (cubed)
- 3 medium purple potatoes (cubed)
- olive oil & rice wine vinegar (for mixed greens dressing)
- salt and olive oil (for purple potatoes)
To make Firecracker Shrimp:
- Mix sriracha and sauces for coating. Bread shrimp in cornstarch. Deep fry the shrimp until cooked and drain on paper towel. Place shrimp in a bowl and coat with the sauce.
To Prepare Purple Potatoes:
- After cubed, coat potatoes with olive oil and salt. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes.
To Prepare Greens:
- Dress mixed greens, avocados and cucumbers with olive oil and rice wine vinegar.
- In a large sheet pan (16"Lx12"Wx1.5H), make a layer with the greens. Set the purple potatoes on the upper left corner, making the blue box portion of the American flag.
- Lay down a row of shrimp for the red stripe, lay down a row of blue cheese for the white stripe, and repeat until the tray is covered with stripes, making the American flag.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!