Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This stew was made up when i had very little in the fridge.. It's made to help me boost my iron levels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups stock (chicken works well)
- 1 (485 ml) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 small potatoes, quartered
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 cup canned kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup leek, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green beans
- Heat oil in large saucepan and saute onion, garlic and paprika till browned.
- Add stock, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, tomato paste, potatoes and carrot and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add red lentils and kidney beans, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add leek, zucchini, broccoli and green beans, stir and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a little cheese grated on top and a slice of bread :).
Excellent recipe! I made it for a friend who really needed to boost her iron levels. It was very tasty and it helped with her iron as well.