Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe came from a Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. I liked it so much that I still make it, even though I'm not low-carb dieting. Super easy to make and very filling. I am notorious for "fiddling" around with herbs and spices in my cooking - so, feel free to experiment with different seasonings to add your own touch.
- 1 lb lean boneless lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled turnips, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 medium)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth
- In a large skillet brown lamb, half at a time in the hot oil.
- Drain off fat.
- Combine turnips, carrots, potatoes, onions, tapioca, salt, pepper and thyme in your slow cooker.
- Stir in lamb and broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high heat for 5-6 hours.