From the Thursday magazine.
Make and share this Indian Kadai Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg chicken, washed,cleaned and cut into big pieces
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 4 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 whole red chilies
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Grind corriander seeds and whole red chillies into a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add bay leaves.
- After about 30 seconds, add onions and saute till they turn light golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the above coarse powder.
- Stir well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are fully cooked.
- Add chicken pieces, salt to taste and red chilli powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover the kadai.
- Cook till the chicken becomes tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder over the chicken.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and onion rings.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.